- Hardwick experienced two retirements at year’s end including long time Municipal Clerk, Judith Fisher and Tax Collector, Donna Van Tassle. The Township Committee wants to thank both for their many years of service. After conducting candidate searches, it was decided that Hardwick Township is best served by contracting with neighboring Blairstown Township for these two critical services. We believe that the arrangement will meet the needs of Hardwick Township with professional staffing and serve our residents and taxpayers with the very best option for the future.
- The Hardwick Township Committee is delighted to announce that Kristin Shipps is serving as Hardwick’s Municipal Clerk. She will maintain office hours at the Hardwick Town Hall on Thursdays from 10 am to 2 pm. She is also available to assist Hardwick residents at the Blairstown Town Hall Monday-Wednesday and Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
- The Hardwick Township Committee is further delighted to announce that Kerri Womack is serving as Hardwick’s Tax Collector. She will maintain office hours at the Hardwick Town Hall on Tuesdays 8 am to 10 am. She is also available to assist Hardwick residents at the Blairstown Town Hall Monday & Wednesday 8 am – 5 pm , Tuesday 10:30 am – 4 pm.
- For many years, New Jersey public officials have emphasized the need to explore shared municipal and school services. The Hardwick Township Committee and our partners serving on the Blairstown Township Committee have taken a significant step to embrace this goal for 2022.
Covid Update 01/12/2022
Up 1,358 confirmed cases from last week. Previous week was up 1,250 cases.
Total Cases = 16,551.
Averaging 194 cases per day over the last week, up from 179 per day the week prior.
9 new confirmed and 1 new probable COVID-19 deaths. Previous week was 3 new confirmed COVID-19 deaths.
8 active COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care facilities (LTCF) in Warren County, same as last week.
Averaging 283 tests per day for Warren County residents, up from 270 tests per day average the previous week.
Percent positivity, as of January 8, is 69.8%. (Was 64.8% on January 2.)
9 COVID-19 positive patients on ventilators in Warren County hospitals. (5 last week.)
12 COVID-19 positive patients in ICU in Warren County hospitals. (7 last week.)
66 COVID-19 positive patients in med/surg in Warren County hospitals. (48 last week.)
Total hospitalizations are 78 (55 last week.)
It is clear that COVID-19 is not going away any time soon so continue to protect yourselves, families and neighbors by getting vaccinated, avoiding crowds, using masks, washing hands frequently and getting the booster. For the latest information about COVID testing, vaccinations and booster shots, please check the new Warren County website. www.warrencountynj.gov
Hardwick Town Hall has reopened and in person meetings are again being conducted on site. However, the virus is still a threat so we have established protocols to observe if you plan to enter the building:
- Please use the buzzer at the front door and a staff member will let you in.
- There is a table in the lobby where guests must sign a Log book and provide their name, address, purpose for the visit and the date.
- For the protection of our staff, ALL guests are required to wear a mask inside the building. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- On meeting nights, the door will not be locked but all guests must sign in. Masks will be available.
Last modified: January 14, 2022